Workflow Routing and Alerts Engine Automates Important Processes
SentricWorkforce makes it easy to simplify administrative tasks, improve communications and automate approval processes through the power of our Workflow Routing and Alerts engine.
With workflow routing, automate manual processes. Define your current processes from start to finish including approvals and notifications and then using the intuitive setup menu, replace each manual process with state-of-the-art automation. For example, an employee can enter a request for time-off, submit it to their manager for approval, the manager can approve or deny the request directly from the email notification, and HR will be notified for informational purposes or an additional approval if you prefer. HR determines who should receive, review, edit and approve requests and notifications. With editable routing, recipients can make changes to a route without interrupting the process. Workflow routing and approval is a simple four-part process:
- Workflow creation – HR, a manager or an employee makes a request via self-service
- Route processing – The system notifies recipients via email that they need to review, approve or deny a request. The recipient can manage the route directly from email without logging in to SentricHCM
- Status tracking & notification – During routing, the system automatically stores a record of the actions taken on the request and notifies the originating party
- Finalizing & confirming – Upon approval, the system processes the changes and forwards a confirmation to the originator
You can route just about anything related to human resources for either approval or simply notification:
- Time-off requests
- Salary or hourly rate increases
- Personnel action notices
- Training and enrollment requests
- Performance reviews
- Job requisitions
- New hires and terminations
Alerts are email reminders for HR, managers and employees about events triggered by any HR field in our system. You can also require electronic signatures for record-keeping.
Among other things, use Alerts for:
- Notification of changed data (i.e., change of address, direct deposit accounts, etc.)
- Performance review reminders
- Benefit eligibility
- Certifications and renewals
- Birthday and anniversary reminders
- Received or reviewed applicant information
Request a tour today and see firsthand how workflow routing can be easily configured to automate some of today’s manual or paper-based HR processes.